Star picket, also called Y post, is a widely used post type to raise and support wire mesh fences. The classical application is used with cattle fence or field fence. Star picket, as its name says, it has three-pointed star shaped cross section. But the structure is also different.
Structure classification of star picket
- According to the surface:
- Y post with holes. There are consistent holes on the surface, which is commonly used to fastening the steel wire lines.
- Y post with teeth. There are consistent teeth shaped gap on the surface, which is easy to fasten the wire mesh panels.
- According to the end types:
- Tapered ends Y post. It is easy for installation.
- Plain head Y post. It is easy for hammering the post into ground.
Star picket is high strength to holding wire mesh fence panels.
Specifications of star picket
- Material: low carbon steel or hot rolled steel.
- Surface treatment: galvanized, black bitumen coated, PVC coated or oven-baked enamel paint.
- Thickness: 2 mm to 6 mm for choice.
- Package: 10 pieces per bundle, 50 bundle per pallet.
Hole type star picket. Teeth type star picket.
Star picket for fastening barbed wire. Star picket for fastening cattle fence.
Post time: May-17-2019